- about 2 cups of whole pecans.
- 12oz (one bag) of Wilton Dark Candy Cocoa Melts
- 32 Kraft caramels (unwrapped)
- 1/2c. butter
- 1 (14oz.) can of sweetened condensed milk
- Line pecans up in squares on parchment paper
- Melt candy melts in microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between until smooth.
- Spoon chocolate over pecans, filling in the center space and spilling it over about half of each pecan.
- While this hardens, make caramel sauce (this recipe makes more caramel than you need, but you can refrigerate the rest and use as an ice cream topping later…or you can cut this part of the recipe in half- you will just have 1/2 a can of sweetened condensed milk left…?)
- Melt unwrapped caramels, butter and sweetened condensed milk over the stove until smooth.
- Spoon caramel into the center of each turtle (try to keep as much as you can on the chocolate- it will harden some, but it is a soft caramel)
- Allow these to harden (refrigerate if necessary) and ENJOY!!!!!
You'll need a package of whole pecans, a can of sweetened condensed milk, butter, a package of wilton chocolate melts and a package of caramels. I picked a pack up at target for $1!! There were 13 pieces of caramel in this package so I cut the original recipe in half.
I started by laying out the pecans on a wax piece of paper in this formation. Then I melted the wilton Melts in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time stirring in between intervals. Then I dropped the chocolate over the pecans making sure to completely fill the center and go over the "feet" a little. I let that sit and harden a bit while I prepared the caramel sauce. I followed the recipe above. Once the sauce was complete, I spooned a little onto each center of each turtle. To make the turtles blue like Yertle, I melted a little bit of blue wilton melts I had left over from the marshmallow pops I made and with a spoon drizzled a bit of blue over the entire turtle. They were every bit as delicious as they looked and completely gone by the end of the party!!